Amy Buswell and Bruce Lansky, coauthors of the upcoming Giggle Poetry Reading Lessons (Available August 5, 2014), contributed to an article on tips for succeeding with readers in this month's Language Magazine. Check out the link below for the full article.
Blog posts of '2014' 'April'
The 2014 National Parenting Publication Awards (NAPPA) have honored two upcoming Meadowbrook Press titles with awards in their Parenting Resources competition.
Early Birdy Gets the Worm (Available May 6, 2014) has been named a SILVER Award Winner in the Education category.
Giggle Poetry Reading Lessons (Available August 5, 2014) has been named an HONORS Award Winner in the Education category.
Hangout with your favorite Giggle Poets
including; Kenn Nesbitt, Eric Ode and Bruce Lansky
at the Meadowbrook Press booth #2648
at the International Reading Association 59th Annual Conference
May 9-12 at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans, Louisana
by Penny Simkin, PT; et al.
Although you might not be able to avoid all the risk factors, here are steps you can take to reduce your risk of preterm labor.
- Attend all prenatal appointments and carefully consider your caregiver’s suggestions. Continue treatment for chronic conditions.
- Eat well during pregnancy and take any prescribed supplements. Try to reach your suggested weight before becoming pregnant and avoid excessive weight gain during pregnancy.
- Get screened for infections. If any are detected, have them treated.
- Avoid smoking, secondhand smoke, alcohol, and hazardous substances.
- Limit strenuous activities and ask others for help when necessary.
- Decrease job or life stresses as much as possible. Report any abuse and increase your emotional support from trusted friends and family.
© copyright 2010 by Parent Trust for Washington Children with permission from its publisher Meadowbrook Press.
A poem by Robert Pottle
A creative exercise activity by Trish Kuffner
© Trish Kuffner from The Fitness Fun Busy Book with permission of its publisher Meadowbrook Press.
©Don Stewart from Kids Pick the Funniest Poems, published by Meadowbrook Press.