The Simple Guide to Having a Baby
What You Need to Know
The Simple Guide to Having a Baby is the accessible, easy-to-read version of the best-selling Pregnancy, Childbirth, and the Newborn. Newly updated for 2016, Simple Guide is for expectant parents who only want the most important, need-to-know, and how-to information.
Notable updates to the 2016 edition include:
- Stories about typical pregnancy and birth experiences, which make content easier to relate to.
- Links to online content and resources, so readers can learn more about topics of concern.
- Nutrition guidelines and fitness recommendations.
- A simplified explanation of the entire labor process and comfort techniques.
- Updated maternity care recommendations to reduce the number of cesarean births.
- Increased discussion of mental health and emotional issues during pregnancy and postpartum.
- The most current breastfeeding advice from lactation consultants.